Wednesday, June 11, 2008

RSVP options

Help me with my RSVP cards! I can't decide on a few *minor* details!

My issues:
Issue 1: favor or favour? My invitations say honour...do I stick with the french spelling?

Issue 2: accept/accepts - Jaime accepts your invitation, but Jaime and Patrick accept it. The singular/plural thing is bugging me.

Issue 3: being sure of who is attending (names and numbers).

Below are some examples of what I've come up with and a few different ways of doing it. I'm curious to see what you all think.


RSVP #1 - standard, english spelling of favor

RSVP #2 - English spelling of favor, gramatically correct acceptance


RSVP #3 - Same as #2 with a number attending line added
RSVP #4 - French spelling of favour to match the honour on the invitation

RSVP #5 - Same as #4 but with the (s) added

RSVP #6 - same as #5 but with the number attending added

And a few different styles:

RSVP #7 - listing out names, English favor

RSVP #8 - listing out names, number attending line, English favor

(Obviously these can be made with the French favour as well).




































2 comments:

SuperVixen said...

Jaime, I think if you're using "Honour" in the invitation wording, continue the theme and use "Favour" for the RSVP.

As for the "accept" I think its gramatically correct. Jaime and Pat accept your invitation, not Jaime and Pat accepts your invitation.

I'd also skip the number line, because some might interpret that as meaning they can bring extra people!

Emily said...

rsvp 6!