Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Monogram table runner

Last night I created a monogrammed table runner for our cake table. It was so easy and I think it's a really nice personal touch! Here's how I did it:

1. I bought white fabric that is kind of a linen at the craft store.
2. I printed out the monogram to size 30"x30".
3. I taped them all together and taped them to our kitchen table.


4. I put the fabric evenly over the monogram and started painting!






The colors are much more distinct in person. Huge credit goes to knottie Kendra Rose for the beautiful monogram.

I still have to figure out how long the runner needs to be (it's on 4 yards of fabric right now). Then I will cut it and finish it to length for the table.

If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment!

2 comments:

Ms. Bean said...

That is a great idea! I may copy this one if I ever get around to creating a monogram. Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

What kind of paint did you use?