Friday, April 18, 2008

Shower thank you notes

My first family shower is tomorrow so I wanted to get working on some thank you notes!

My first attempt was a failure. I had intended to use my gocco for everything, but for some reason it wasn't liking the text I had the "thank you" written in.
So that night I was in a crafty mood, but I was very frustrated. So I decided to line the envelopes for the cards. This was not a project I had intended to do, but I'm very glad I did. I love how it looks!
My next attempt at the cards went much better. I decided to just gocco the flower pattern and use a stamp for the "thank you" part. It looked so good that I decided to carry the design onto the envelopes as well. I'm glad I did!



I get nervous stamping directly on a finished card because my stamping skills aren't that great. So I decided to cut out ovals using my trusty Cricut and stamp on them. (With some eat, drink & be married coasters in the background!)

I used blue and purple paper, since I didn't have enough of either color. No big deal, nobody will know or care!
And here is the finished product. I really love how they came out and I hope people notice that I took the time not only to hand write them, but to hand make them as well.

No comments: