Thursday, April 3, 2008

Some table runner questions answered!

I realize now that in my head it all makes sense, but I wasn't really clear on a lot of things.

First - What type of paint did you use? I used regular acrylic paint. I didn't even think of fabric paint, and it worked great.

Second - How are you going to display it? I am going to have it hanging down off the side of the cake table, facing the guests. The cake will sit on top of the table and the runner will run across, hanging down on both sides.

Third - How did I get the print so large and to print on multiple sheets? I opened the picture up in Microsoft Publisher and changed the print dimensions to 30"x30". It then printed out on multiple sheets and I was able to tape them together.

In Publisher - go under File, Page Setup. Under Layout, choose Custom and type in your dimensions.

Fourth - How did I determine how big I needed the monogram to be? This was total guess work. I actually now wish that I had made it a little smaller. Maybe 25" or something, but it wasn't worth doing over again.

But, to really determine, you can measure how wide you want your runner to be and use the dimensions that will fit inside that width.

Hope this helps explain some things - let me know if there are any more questions!

No comments: